6-20-2026

It being Saturday, it was a little more chill. We woke up and went on as normal, with some routine, as we had the other day when we had to pack up, with the only difference being the Harris Park Campground. Before our 3-and-a-half-hour drive, we stopped at a Starbucks in Pasco, WA, to get a drink and work on our computers to update our spreadsheet with the data collected from Harris Park and to complete our daily blog; we were there for about 2 hours and left around noonish. I consider myself a coffee drinker, but the raw flavor of coffee is too bitter for me; that's why my coffee drink has to be loaded with some kind of sweetener.  My coffee order at Starbucks is a grande caramel macchiato, if you were wondering at all. 


We did a quick stop in Goldendale, WA, to wait for Jessica ( Our Supervisor sort of), and we got a chance to get Dairy Queen. I didn't happen to get a picture of our stop there, but we had to have been there for about 20 min, and I got myself and Judy an ice cream. If you absolutely need to know what we got there, I got a medium cherry Misty float, and she got the new flavor of dipped strawberry cheesecake blizzard. I was so excited for ice cream, for 2 reasons: one, it's my favorite kind of dessert, and two, Monet brought it up on our first night camping, and I have been thinking about it ever since. Don't you hate it when that happens? Somebody brings something up once, and it's like all you can think about, even though you know you can't have it because you're stranded.

 After we made it to the camp, we unpacked again and made dinner; we had fajitas, chips, and guac. After dinner, though, I went exploring around the camp and walked along a lot of fallen trees along the river. There were quite a lot of trees that went straight across the river; it was cool, and the river was extremely cold. It's been forever since I've been up in the mountains, and in the rivers, I've forgotten how cold it is, and honestly, that kind of made me sad how long it's been since I've connected to the land. It was nice, though I went and touched grass, as the kids say. Sorry I had to throw in an ironic joke in one of these blogs, and I only say that because I'm 22, and I hope I'm still considered young. Back to the point of the exploring, there was this trail right by the tents, and I ended up walking it with Judy, and we found this nice little pool of water that is deep enough to swim in its right by a little waterfall.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog