Well, an update from my last post, which was lacking key details, including us actually traveling to WellPinit for us to get some experience in the field. Today, on the 15th of June, we started off our morning by waking up at 6 a.m., which is not ideal for me considering I'm not a morning person, and I'm not a grouch or anything; I just prefer not to talk to anyone unless I have a coffee. Then we packed our lunches, had breakfast, and got ready for the day. For most of the day, we were working with 3rd- and 5th-graders, making little breaded bracelets with a small salmon charm in the middle. As previously mentioned, we did this for most of the day, but we did get a break at 11:45 for lunch, where we were also given a tour by Anthony, a worker at Spokane Fish Hatchery. He provided a lot of information about the logistics of the hatchery and how it is operated. He gave us a little fun fact that they kind of mark their fish by chopping off their fin on the top of their spine to let people know that this fish was raised in a hatchery. I think this was my favorite part of the day so far. We still have to go dig holes to analyze the soil, and I don't quite know how this works yet, but I will probably mention it in my next blog. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog